Coming up on 10 years in the fitness industry I have tried everything. For the first time I can say I have found the right balance of nutrition, training, and supplementation. I wanted to share some of these ideas and items with you. This combination might not work for everyone nor am I saying to go out and buy these brands or supplements because you need it, but this is what is working for me.
- Taking Omega-3 Fish Oils 2x a day breakfast and dinner, (Nordic Naturals) have tried at least 10 brands, this one is great
- Glutenfreeda Wheat Free-Gluten Free Instant Oatmeal
- Eggs all the time, most complete protein you can have
- Two Moms in The Raw all natural bars, made from seeds and fruits
- Eating salads for lunch with nuts, berries, avocados, and greens
- Fish as much as possible for lunch
- No protein shakes (Everything is crap) and wasted calories
- No Soy, no one!! male or female
- Water, Water, Water, can't drink enough
- Jerky for snacks (Turkey, Beef, and Fish)
- Eating high protein dinner, trying to eat 4-5 hours before bedtime, light salads, veggies, and lots of grilling during the summer
- Taking 500mg of Vitamin C, 2x-3x a day
- Greek Yogurt with fruit and nuts for late night snack
- 3 days of workout, 1 off, then 2 days of working out and a day off, gives me plenty of rest
- Running, rowing, and being more active with cardio
- 3-4 days of weights, 2 heavy low-rep, 2 lighter and high rep
- Stretching everyday, as many times as possible
- Melatonin 3mg a night, helps me stay asleep, get cleared with a doctor first, it is a hormone
- Gardening my own herbs and veggies, as organic as it gets!!
- Less Facebook and social media
- More Blog postings :)
Have a great start to summer everyone!